We are hiring 20 motivated, personable, and reliable individuals over the age of 18 years old to provide support and information to public transit customers in Monroe County, NY between June 29 and July 5, 2020. Candidates who can commit to 40 hours will receive $20/hour.
- Candidates should exhibit a positive attitude; strong communication and customer service skills; and professionalism.
- They should be adaptable problem solvers who like talking to new people.
- Most importantly, they should be reliable and interested in providing help to those who need assistance.
- Ambassadors must attend two paid 2-hour trainings between June 15th-26th. The training schedule will be flexible to accommodate mornings and late afternoons.
- Ambassadors will schedule their own shifts, but must be available to work between the hours of 5am and midnight between June 29, 2020 and July 5, 2020.
- Candidates must be comfortable in public places, riding transit, using and assisting with mobile technology and speaking to customers. The main objective of the position is to assist and support customers with answering questions, trip planning and referring customers to other means of support. Supervisors will be available to provide support during each shift.
- Application deadline: March 6, 2020
- Interviews: March 9-20, 2020
- Mandatory paid training: June 15-26, 2020
- Five 8-hours shifts: June 29, 2020-July 5, 2020
To apply, submit a cover letter and application to Jennifer Topa at Jen@highland-planning.com.
Current RTS customers strongly encouraged to apply.
You will receive a $25 referral bonus (subject to taxes) if you refer an applicant and you are both offered employment. They must indicate that they were referred by named individual when applying.
Download the Job Application.