By Jen Topa
One of Highland Planning’s core values is Make It Sparkle. Our team frequently talks about ways to live out this value, and this is a blog post about what it means to us.
When you think of sparkles, you think of glitter. And to be honest, I have never been a fan of glitter. It’s messy, it’s hard to clean up, and it often seems to multiply. What I appreciate about it, though, is that it makes everything sparkle and adds a new, captivating dimension to the most ordinary things.
Our team approaches every project with this value in mind. From beginning to end, we go the extra mile to ensure that a project is not only done well, but that it sparkles. It stands out. To sparkle is to shine brightly and we strive to do so in everything we do. When it comes to public engagement, we evaluate every detail from small to large. That is what we are hired to do!
- We are not just on time but early, overly prepared and ready to support our clients’ needs.
- We set up the welcome table at a public meeting with a few extras like mints and refreshments.
- Our pop-up events have interesting give-aways and games.
- We make sure an open house event is well organized with engaging and easy-to-interpret visuals.
- We plan every detail so that both our clients and the public walk away feeling heard and like their time was well spent.
Making it sparkle means our process is not only engaging, but also goes beyond what is expected.
Like all things in life, isn’t it better when there is an added touch or a little sparkle? We can all complete a project, but adding that little extra something to take it from ordinary to extraordinary makes all the difference.